Thursday 31 January 2013

Week 2 - Spellbook

For this week we were tasked with creating a spell book. The model had to be less than 300 polygons and the texture was 512 x 512.

By using an old green leather texture and numerous layers of symbols with a bevel/emboss effect on them, I created the object.

I found the hardest part of this task was making sure all the different layers blended well together with a consistent colour. I learnt a lot about using different blending modes in the layers section. I also had to make sure that the lines on the pages matched up correctly on the model.

The finished UV sheet and model (rendered in Marmoset)

EDIT: During Week 3 I went back to improve my spellbook and added more detail with a burn tool. Here is the finished object



No comments:

Post a Comment